Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Digital painting - eye.



Today I'll show you how I draw eyes. :) I won't explain every tool in great detail, because I'll be using the same ones as in the earlier one. The settings are on the screenshot. The eyes I draw actually differ from drawing to drawing, but I'll show an example basing on one of my newest artworks.


1. I begin with a sketch. Then I draw the face with a few basic shadows. In later parts of the tutorial, I hid the sketch to show the image more clearly - in reality I switch between showing and hiding it often.

2. On the new layer I draw eyelashes.

3. Under the layer with eyelashes, I draw the sclera. 

4. Now I draw the waterline on a new layer, above the one with the sclera. 

5. I put the shadow on the sclera (on a new layer).

6. I erase the shadow that leaked outside the eye area. 

7. I draw the iris.

8. I draw the iris shadow, so it'll resemble a sphere.

9. I draw the pupil.

10. I adjust the brightness of the iris to the pupil by erasing a part of the iris' shadows. I also added a shadow for the pupil, so it'll look concave.

11. I make the iris details using vivid colors.

12. I add "special effects" (xD)

13. I erase a bit of them, so they look like they're inside the eye.

14. I put on some white spots, to suggest light reflections.

15. I erase everything that left the eye area.

16. I shadow the waterline.

17. I blur the shadow with the blur tool.

18. I erase the shadow that left the base. 

19. Now the eyelid. I start with a shadow, that I'll use as a base.

20. I draw bumps around the eye with a bright color. 

21. Now the upper eyelid. Again, bright colors.

22. I master the eyelid. I use small brushes and blur.

23. I put light on the eyelid with a big, bright brush.

24. Eyebrows. I start with a base, that'll be darker than the final color.

25. Now I draw the hairs with a small, soft brush, roughly the eyebrow color.

26. I draw a shadow on the outer part of the eyebrow and light inside.

27. I "cut out" the desired shape with an eraser.

28. I draw a shadow under the eyebrows.

29. Final result: 

After I finished, I turned the brightness up a little bit, because the eyes were too dark compared to the rest.

And we've made it to the end. :) I hope you'll find it useful. Show me your work if you've made anything! :)
Next week: hair. :)

Did you like it? Like me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NImFpaArt

No comments:

Post a Comment